One of the reasons I like the old Eudora (7.1)

Recently I had a major failure on my desktop system. I ran something stupid and it corrupted my C: drive. Since I had recently upgraded my drives I still had my old drive handy.

Not having time to get to it, I got the old drive and attached it using an ID-USB cable to another system and copied the Email directory to that computer and ran my Eudora while I was working on the old system.

When I was done fixing my unit, I copied the directory back onto the drive preserving all email and folders etc. and ran it on the fixed system. No email lost and no problems.

I always keep my email in a separate directory (Folders and all) on a data drive, not the C: drive.

Stewart