On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm using Thunderbird at work.  They don't enforce quotas with Thunderbird.
>  The work email account is IMAP and when it contains more than 50 MB it is
> shut down at the source.

IMAP still lets you store messages on your hard drive.

Just create some local folders and drag the messages you want to a local
folder.

Now they are on your hard drive and not on the email server.

> Instead of erasing all my old messages to stay underneath the quota, I want
> to store them by sending the old messages to gmail for storage.

As I said earlier, you can set up a message filter (Tools, Message Filters)
for items of high priority only and have the filter forward the messages to
your gmail address.

Then, select a bunch of messages, mark them as high priority, then go into
Tools -> Message Filters and run the filter now.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own