I've got 2 lines phone wired throughout the house ...I am consisdering
closing out all the landlines ...to what use could those wires be or just
remain as mouse fodder? ...one thing I have considered (we are gonna remain
with 2 cell phones) is to add another cellular line and use the cordless
phone system I already have with that inasmuch as it allows you to link to
the cellphone via bluetooth and make cellular calls from any extension in
the house ...the extra cell fone would cost $9.95/mo and share the minutes
from the plan (att) ...it's cheaper than verizon or comcast and has more
features.  It includes free death if you need an ambulance when the
electricity to the towers fails...