I don't see a button like that.  There is a button that says "Mark All
Upgrades".  It is just to the right of the "Reload" button.  Googling
"synaptic full upgrade" also doesn't seem to find anything.  Could you
be more specific where to find this button?

As I recall, for both Gutsy Gibbon and Hardy Heron, the upgrade simply
showed up as a recommended update in Update Manager.