Inasmuch as that is what I hoped for as an opinion, I would like to solicit
opinions of your opinion, then...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Sloane [mailto:mikeslo...@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: firewall ...hard or what?

I have been running half a dozen wired and wireless machines behind a
Linksys router for several years, with NO software firewalls running. I
have yet to have any problems. When I ran a test with one of those
websites that tries to find a way to break in, they reported that I was
fully protected. I had been running ZoneAlarm, but it was hogging too
much memory on my old IBM ThinkPad 600x, so I was happy to turn it off.
I have little doubt that others will have different opinions. :-)

Mike