maybe your boss is gonna read your quips on this board while you hang out at
the water cooler !!

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/zd/20090130/tc_zd/236556

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony B [mailto:ton...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 4:49 PM
To: rleesimon
Subject: Re: gmail offline

Buried deep at
C:\Users\cj\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdvhhoyb.default\Google
Gears for Firefox\mail.google.com is 231mb of new data, mostly attachments,
mostly .jpgs.. The mail itself seems to be in a long series of numbered
plain text files like mail[123]. Most of these files are unreadable in
notepad, though I suspect there may be many plain text emails saved among
them.

This isn't quite what I really wanted from gmail. I'd rather just have a
scheduled "Download zip with all emails" setting. But this is not bad; I can
always zip it myself, but then, being on C:, it's getting imaged
daily/monthly anyway.