At 04:25 PM 02/19/2009 -0500, John Duncan Yoyo wrote

Thunderbird has some sort of built in junk mail filtering as well.

Does comcast offer any spam filtering?  You might just need to turn it on.

I'm a long-time Earthlink subscriber. They do a fantastic job of filtering spam, even at the "medium" setting. You can choose to have no filtering, medium, or high filtering. High filtering results in a challenge/response system which most email lists refuse to let you use. I wouldn't use it anyway.

In a normal day, Earthlink catches maybe 30 spam messages to my account (you can go view them if you want to). One or 2 might get through to me, but I can report them back to Earthlink, and I believe they get added to their automatic filters.

Sue