David Turk wrote:
In an effort to cut back on costs, we switched our home phone service to
basic, unlimited calls-no voicemail, forwarding, call waiting, etc.  I dug an
old
digital answering machine out of the closet, but it had a ton of static on it.
 I bought a small new one (& there was only one model available).  It seemed
to work fine, but then the ends of the messages are completely garbled by
static.  Took it back, went somewhere else, bought a different one.  Same
thing.
I have filters on all the phone lines, as we have DSL.  Could this be the
problem, & how can I fix it?  tia.

You could try adding additional filters in series. Might help.

Michael

Michael S. Altus, PhD, ELS
Intensive Care Communications, Inc.®
Biomedical Writing and Editing