Snyder, Mark - IdM (IT) wrote:
Are we using HD and digital transmission (instead of analog) as same or
different things, in terms or radio/stereo receivers?  I liked my Denon,
too, but it is starting to fail...  Aren't radio transmitters going to
digital transmission, the way TV is now?  Any incentive for them to it
later rather than sooner?

Thank you,

Mark Snyder

Mark,

I do not believe there is a FCC mandate for Radio Broadcasters to switch as there is for TV Broadcasters. The Hybrid Digital radio conversion is more voluntary in order to gain either higher fidelity or more variety of programming.

JS