I downloaded a 15-day trial version a few days ago and so far I am pleased that
it delivers as advertised and has a very small footprint in my system.

I used to be a Norton user of long standing and then abandoned them a few years
ago vowing never to go back for all the reasons we all know. I was using Zone
Alarm but recently my system started to act up every to ZA was installed. If I
deleted it I was fine, if I re-installed I was getting very spurious results,
non-shut-downs and other annoying things.

So I started looked for alternates. Tried a trial of Kaspersky. Was clearly a
good product but not very user oriented. ESET (Nod32) was next. But then I read
a few recent reviews of NIS 2009,like the one below, and decided to give it one
last try for old times sake.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2330024,00.asp  - this strikes me as a
very thorough review...

Have to say that so far I am actually very impressed, and I had a big
anti-Norton bias to get back over.

I may even keep it...:)

Michael