Actually, was the first way you tried the "System" menu, "Administration",
"Add / Remove Software"? I just tried that myself, typed "galeon" into the
search field, waited while it searched the online repoisitories, click the
check-box when it appears, and click "Apply". It will prompt you for the
root password when it gets to the actual installation part.