> > - I need a decent-size screen and a real keyboard.
>
> Not in class you don't.  At home you use a real keyboard and any of a
> number of inexpensive flat panel monitors.

Once again, you're telling me what I need and don't need, which has been the
basic McFan response here. The response is not, "Right, Apple doesn't have
that at this point, I wish they did", it's "Gawd, you're just too stupid to
know your own needs, so we'll tell you what they are." This is pretty much
the definition of "hubris."

Why is mighty Apple unable to produce a $699 laptop (especially when they
don't even have to pay for the OS that sits on it)?