I hope this helps - from  http://www.epa.gov/oei/ecycling/ :

EPA's eCycling Day 2009

Join us in celebration of Earth Day as we host our 3rd annual eCycling event. Bring your unwanted computer and computer-related equipment (computers, monitors, keyboards, printers, etc.) for free recycling. This year, EPA and cooperating organizations will collect unwanted computer equipment on Saturday, April 18, 2009, from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Plateau, National Harbor in Prince George's County, Maryland (PDF) <http://www.epa.gov/oei/ecycling/directions_map.pdf> (1pg, 147 KB, About PDF <http://epa.gov/epahome/pdf.html>). Don't forget you are responsible for removing data from computers before drop-off.

(continues)

Tom Piwowar wrote:
The last few years the EPA sponsored a computer recycling event at
Freedom Plaza on Earth Day. We brought our junk there every year.

Does anyone know if they are doing it again this year?