Interesting story at
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30229181/

We know the about caps and metered usage plans that the cable companies are trying to institute. This story goes a little further to speculate why.

....snip
After analog broadcasting stops, those who are out of broadcast range may have to rely on Internet programming too. Though many of those locations don't get Internet either.

This will be interesting.

I was considering FIOS for Internet and phone. It would cost less than getting faster DSL. I asked Verizon when they would install FIOS in Cecil County. The sales rep stifled a laugh. I asked the guy in the Verizon truck. He guffawed. Then he said, "Never". Verizon only installs FIOS where there are people.

We can't even get fast Internet service here except absurdly overpriced Comcast. When we finally get it, then we'll have to fight to avoid over charges for watching movies online TV shows. US broadband sucks. US customers make it worse by overpaying for their service and not demanding better prices and service.

We live beyond where digital TV will work reliably. Which digital antenna works best for those of us who live 40-50 miles away from broadcast towers? Why is the government selling or giving away the analog frequencies when they always leased them before?