Anybody making an offer like that expects to get a bargain, and would only
be interested in such a deal if they believed they could make a profit
selling them on the open market.  Especially if they are making the offer
after having seen your Dad's inventory.
If you have any ambition to sell them yourself, you should give it a try.
 Otherwise, if your Dad truly wants to get rid of the LPs, then letting a
dealer like that take them off his hands is better than throwing them in the
recycling bin.