Anyone ever notice how every so often a DTV channel assignment will
shift from displaying the channel number to displaying the channel
frequency instead?  For instance, yesterday DTV Channel 4 in the
Washington DC metro area would not come up as Channel 4, but rather as
Channel 48, which is actually its current assigned frequency, not its
channel number.  Channel 4, which is how it should display on screen
and in the menu had disappeared, replaced by the UHF frequency
assignment of Channel 48.  I have seen this happen with other channels
as well.  I do not know if these are unresolved glitches or
intentional in nature, but is can be very confusing for viewers.

  FWIW, I checked this on two different receiver brands, both with the
same result.  As of this morning, WRC, Channel 4 is back to displaying
and identifying itself as Channel 4, not Channel 48.

  Steve