It inspired me to propose this challenge, an invitation,
really, to share error messages without necessarily getting into any
possibly related issues, opinions, debates, or even solutions.

I sent this one to my coworkers not long ago. I've since seen the same message several times. From Adobe Acrobat:

 "Bad parameter."

Period. That's it. There weren't no more information than that.

People collect these. I've seen a couple of sites with them, although I didn't come up with any of them in a quick search (wasn't sure exactly what search terms to use).
I do remember this rather famous one:

"Windows has found an unknown device and is installing a driver for it."

As well as the ancient classic:

 "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue."

I have an artist friend unusually prone to ghost-in-the-machine experiences. Long, long ago, on an early Mac, she managed to produce a dialog box that read, "You may as well stop typing. No one is listening any more." She took a photo of it--and, no; I promise she is incapable of photo editing; I used to have a copy.

Jennifer Hiebert