Hey Rev.,

You might try booting in Safe Mode > Properties for the drive > Security tab > Advanced > and take ownership of the drive and all it's subfolders.

I'm no IT person, but I've had to do this with moved hard drives before.

Later

From: "Rev. Stewart Marshall" <popoz...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 7:57 PM
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Subject: [CGUYS] Problem with Harddrive

The backlight on my screen for my laptop started failing big time yesterday.

It is under warranty so no big shakes there.

However here is the problem.

I pulled the harddrive so I can access the files.

I cannot get into the Documents and Settings folder of the HD.

It is Windows XP and I put it into a 2.5 SATA USB enclosure.

I can get some stuff off, but even my mail folder (Eudora) will not let me copy some of the files.

Can any one give me an idea of what is locking them?

I need to get files off of there so I can do my work.

Stewart

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82