From what I know of the iTouch, this application you envision has not yet
been created.
Based on the lack of response to your query since July 1st, I would presume this to be the case. Since iTunes will copy your library to your iTouch, I don't expect to see this niche application anytime soon.

 - Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike" <xha...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:59 PM

I often use my ipod touch to play music on a computer I have connected to my
home stereo..I've been poking around wondering if it's possible to stream
from the computer to an ipod touch?  I have sharing turned on but I don't
get anything on the ipod touch. Is this just not possible or am I missing a
setting?