I didn't say the government is a monopoly; I said that a single-payer is a monopoly. Actually there is a new term for a buyer monopoly and that is a monopsony.

The federal government can and has exerted monopoly powers.
Armies and delivery of First Class Mail are two examples. Single-payer would be another, and, from your response, one of which you approve.

And lest you continue quibbling about the word monopoly, the effect would be the same.

A seller monopolist says "You can't buy my product from anyone else, so here is my price, take it or leave it."

A buyer monopolist says "You can't sell your product to anyone else, so here is my offer, take it or leave it."

In fact, this latter feature of single-payer is a major method of controlling health costs. The question is if the government can hit the sweet spot on the prices they set; low enough to save money, but not so low as to drive providers out of business. I'm in the camp that multiple sellers and buyers in a market is the best way to determine prices.