AT&T has their own paid nav system for WM phones but when I was using
my Q9h, I used Google Maps or Live Search since they both can use the
phone's GPS chip. The only thing missing was turn-by-turn that would
update automatically like the iPhone or a dedicated unit. I had to do
manual updates for my current location; 2 or 3 key presses each time.
One thing I miss on the iPhone is that it doesn't tell you how many
satellites it sees. Both my Garmins and the Q9h told you the number it
was using to fix my location. Even my car's factory unit doesn't do
that.

Can you use either app on your phone or the ones you are considering?
See if you can find some forums dedicated to those phones or the
carriers. I was using the one dedicated to the Moto Q9x but started
visiting iPhones in November. I got my 3GS in mid-July.

YMMV

- - -
No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them
deliberately.

 - Michel de Montaigne