> It is interesting that in your mind "interface is at worst just fine"
> translates into "matches iPod touch".  To me though, it says that
> the interface is manageable with a connotation that it is not great,
> which matches the impressions I've gathered.  But you are right
> that I should've let Mike speak for himself, and state my own
> opinions.

If it's anything like the current Zune interface, it will be very nice and
easy to navigate.  From the videos that I've seen, it looks very similar,
but with additional options and improved graphics.

> As for the points you made for the Zune HD, I could address
> them, but suffice it to say that it really does seem to me that while
> the Zune HD may have some points in its favor over the current
> generation of iPhones/Touch, they will not be nearly enough to be
> any kind of game changer (even assuming that Apple waits a while
> to update its line, which it won't).

Having owned both, I can say that the Zune is technologically superior and a
better design than the iPod.  The HD model is extending that superiority
even further.  But yeah, the iPod is the 8000 lb gorilla on the block.  No
games will be changed, but you will have another option to use.  You don't
have to depend on the iHegemony.