> Fine, but my point is that these are not security issues with XML as you
> implied. They are issues with the code that parses and processes XML
> documents. It's not valid to say "XML has security
> issues", because it doesn't.

What's the difference between Microsoft Core Services having an
implementation of XML tools that are subject to great misuse and
Security issues with XML?  If you can't use XML without a risk of
garnering little trojans or implementing some zero day flaw, what's the
practical difference.

The injunction in this is pretty final, the only options are complying,
appealing or trying to buy the rights.  Buying the rights will be a wee
mite expensive to put it mildly, and while the Eastern District of Texas
is a haven for Patent litigation, most of the rulings issued seem to
survive on appeal.

It's also hard to see how MS is actually going to do well with Word when
it can't support Custom XML.  In fact it might indeed be ironic if Word
competitors could still deal with Custom XML while MS cannot.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9698189/Microsoft-Injunction