Port 25 is often blocked for security reasons.

For SMTP, we've been using port 465 SSL for smtp.correo.yahoo.es, port
465 TLS for smtp.gmail.com, port 587 TLS for outgoing.verizon.net. I can
send from any of my email accounts through all three, but the gmail SMTP
server renames the sender with my gmail address, the others don't.

Examples:
* I send an email with a Yahoo! address using the Verizon SMTP, no
problems.
* I send a message with a Verizon email address using Yahoo! SMTP, no
problems.
* I send a message with a Verizon email address using GMail SMTP and it
arrives with a GMail address instead of Verizon.

Betty