David Cowdrill wrote:
I live in No. Va. also and use T-Mobile pre-paid for uses like you describe.
Advantages:
- low cost: first year I paid $100 for 1000 min. Used 500 in first year, second year is $50 for another year. Hard to beat $4 per month. Disadvantages: T-Mobile coverage is spotty. OK here. Non-existent or weak other areas. Need to check coverage map for where you go.

That's what's nice about TracFone. They buy space on all of the major companies' towers. You get coverage from whatever tower you're nearest.

Sue