You don't seem to have a full grasp on capitalism.  If your letters didn't
arrive you'd switch carriers and get them to arrive.  It's called Fedex and
UPS and DHL etc.  Would one pizza shop across the nation be good?  Only one
choice?   Somehow I think not, why make good pizza if you know your
customers only choice is to not eat it?  And now imagine if the govt forced
everyone to buy one pizza a week to support their govt pizza shops..now how
good would the pizza be?  I'll stick with being able to pick from 20
different shops around me...different tastes, different prices.
 Competition.