> OK on the Mackey thing.  Yes I did read it, and he has some great
> things to say, HOWEVER.
>
> You must have government mandate minimums.  If they do not many
> companies will try and fly through with a bunch of worthless insurance.
>
> Instead of removing mandates, make them nation wide.  At present we
> have 50 states that have 50 different standards.  Cant do what Mackey
> wants without mandates.  (By the way at present my health plan comes
> out of Minnesota while I live in Alabama so whose mandates am I covered
by?)

Rev, now you miss his point.  If you allow companies to compete over state
lines, removing their captive audience, you won't *need* mandates.  That's
what competition is best at providing: choice.

It's also good at providing lower cost alternatives.

> Mandate all companies of a certain size be required to offer
> insurance and allow like companies (food service, grocery etc.) to
> form co-ops to purchase coverage.

C'mon now, do we need laws mandating what sections a grocery store must
provide (and their size, shape and color) or do you think they do that so
that they can win loyal customers?

> What we need is more health plans like this right????????????????

No, what we need are more companies to provide competitive pressure.  Your
company doesn't provide it?  That's OK, these 6 others do.  Let markets do
what they do best: weed out the losers.