On Sep 22, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Mike wrote:
Two days ago I got an email from Domain Trade LLC regarding a domain I've owned for a little over a year. I had actually forgotten I had purchased the domain until this email arrived. Domain Trade is claiming they may want to purchase my domain for 50-65% of appraised value and to head to one of three offered sites they will accept as appraisers. These sites of course cost 20-30 dollars to appraise a site. My first reaction is that this is a scam and that the appraisers themselves own Domain Trade. I'll spend 30 bux
getting an 'appraisal' and then Domain Trade will suddenly not want my
site...or it will be appraised at 3 dollars and I'll get a dollar three
eighty from the whole thing.  Anyone else seen things like this?

You are right to be suspicious and I suspect your assessment is right on target. The idea of "appraising" a domain name is ludicrous. If you owned an especially desirable domain you would probably know it already.