I am not an expert, but I have seen articles.

France is one of those countries that have started to limit sales of items within their country to recognized brands. (Or something similar) They have sued Ebay for allowing sellers to feature trademarked items from French Companies.

Also what you are buying is called gray market items.

Gray market means it is not illegal, but that it is in a gray area and the warranty (if there is one) is not necessarily valid.

This might be an explanation or it could be totally off the wall.

Take it with the big load of salt I offer it.

Stewart