On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Frank Sestir <fses...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have a friend using a Mac Power Book computer.  They purchased a Linksys
> Wireless G Expander.  Any suggestions on how to connect this to make it work
> with their wireless router.  They were told by the store they purchased it
> from that all they had to do was to plug it in and it would work.
>
> TIA

Look at post 3 at this site.  <
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7585_102-0.html?threadID=49370>

The basic outline of what they did to get it to work was:
1) Turn off WEP on your router
2) Plug the WRE54G in the same room as your router
3) Hit autoconfig button
4) Browse to 192.168.1.240 and make sure the settings match your router
5) Change the WRE54G SSID to something DIFFERENT than your router
6) Turn on WEP on the WRE54G
7) Turn back on WEP on your router

--
John Duncan Yoyo