> My bet is that if you are using torrents or other services that compete with
> Comcast business they will pepper you with notices to such as extent that you
> won't be able to use the service. Effectively a DOS attack in sheep's
> clothing.

So far, the folks at Comcast don't seem to have monitoring what a user
does as a model.  Comcast is instead relying on reports that the user's
IP address seems to harbor a bot.

I suggest the following link may back up my statement.  I can't believe
it, I'm actually defending Comcast.

http://security.comcast.net/constantguard/

select among the FAQs,   > How did Comcast determine that I may have a
virus-bot on a computer in my home?

It reads:

> How did Comcast determine that I may have a virus-bot on a computer in my
> home?
>  Print
>
> We identify infected computers in several ways. First, we get data from
> reputable Internet research groups that specialize in bot identification. The
> data we get includes a list of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses that are
> infected and those that belong to bot command and control channels. Second,
> we look for malicious behavior exhibited by bots such as spam, distributed
> denial of service attacks and repeated connections requests to known command
> and control channels. We then aggregate this data to confirm whether one or
> more of your computers has been infected.

Thus Comcast doesn't seem to be monitoring your usage of torrents and
the like.