On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Rosenberg, Alan [USA] wrote:
Running Vista HP with Windows Mail, had a situation where my message to a friend with a Yahoo domain email address was never delivered, and a message from him to me (requested by phone) also never arrived. I've used Verizon as my mail server for over a year with this setup, and have had no problems until this one.

Verizon, Comcast, Cox, etc. don't run their mail servers all that well. You should expect problems like this from time to time.