What if Chevrolet put controls in their car so they knew how fast you were
going.  Then when they found out you went 10mph over the speed limit, they
sent a /kill signal to your car and you were finished?  Why is it any
business of MS's if someone mods hardware they bought and *own*?  This could
be a lawsuit by the time it's over, are we now reduced to not only 'leasing'
software with those crazy EULAs, but now leasing hardware as well?

I would be very interested to see if the rest of the story even matters
here.  What can MS say to back this up?