On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Snyder, Mark - IdM (IS) <
mark.sny...@ngc.com> wrote:

> From SlashDot:
> "Nathan Myhrvold, former CTO of Microsoft, is self-publishing a cook
> book with scientific underpinnings.  The man who presided over the
> original iterations of Windows has built a laboratory kitchen
> <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/17/science/17prof.html> , hired 5 chefs,
> and plays with misplaced lab equipment: using an autoclave as a pressure
> cooker, using a 100-ton hydraulic press to make beef jerky, and using an
> ultrasonic welder for... he's not sure yet.  The article includes a
> video on how to cryosear and cryorender duck.  'It's basically like a
> software project,'  Dr. Myhrvold said.  'It's very much like a review we
> would do at Microsoft.'  Is it possible to BSoD food?"

Uh _Blue Screen of Death Food_ ?  I've certainly made my share of inedible
food but nothing deadly that I know of.

There is a laboratory autoclave that shares a design and source of
manufacture as a commonly used restaurant pressure cooker.
--
John Duncan Yoyo