On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Bill L'Hommedieu wrote:
• I'm running Tiger 10.4.11 and use Photoshop 7 and 8. When I open a photo, PS 8 starts up but crashes before it opens, the same with PS 7. My current work around is to open PS 6 and then open the image. I'd been using PS 7 with no problems up until a week ago. Would a system re-install be useful?

Hold down the Shift, Option, and Command keys at the startup of PhotoShop to reset preferences to their default settings.

• How to I change the start up so that I don't have to put in my password. I've always gone to the desktop directly. I'm the sole user and don't need this. I suspect that because of the current set up, I'm asked to put in the password every time I put something in the trash which is a real P.I.T.A.

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Options > Automatic Login