On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM, mike <xha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not at all a bigot.  The point is there is a choice, Tom likes to pretend
> there isn't.  That you only give up things by getting a pc, the point is
> you
> give up things getting a mac too..like cash.
>
> His comment was that 'macs are priced similarly to pc's', this was
> incorrect
> by no small measure.  I get sick of his FUD.  I never said you get nothing
> for that 700 dollars, indeed you do get a lot if what you get gives you
> peace of mind.  For some, like me who build their own systems all the time,
> the extra money is not worth it by any measure.  You bring up MS, you could
> also buy that cyberpower laptop and put ubuntu on it.
>
> Apple has a great space in which they control with great authority.  That
> control comes at a price as noted in another thread.  If your app is not
> approved by the Apple guys, you are not getting on the iphone.  Android has
> a similiar process except for one big part...if you get denied you can post
> the app yourself and anyone can still download and install it with the
> warning 'this was not approved by the market place, do you want to
> continue?'  Why yes, I do want to continue because I like choice and
> freedom
> to make my own decisions.

My decsion is I prefer to use a Mac OS rather than the latest M$ kludge job
but my office has PCs so it pays to be able to use the cursed devices- I
know they are cursed they make me curse them all the time.  Win7 is way less
crappy but I need to try to run it on a more modern machine than my 6 year
old HP system.

--
John Duncan Yoyo