These ad folks are pretty savvy and do a lot of market research before they put together these ads. That is what they are paid for.

Occasionally they drop a bomb (pun not intended) but usually they do a very good job.

When I first saw the commercial I was intrigued then when they did the drop thing I understood totally.

It looks like an alien, a robot otherworldly.

So why not bring up transformers, war of the worlds etc.

Apple pays big bucks for their ad people to do their job and they came up with some really good ones.

Stewart