At 11:58 PM 12/6/2009, you wrote:
Date:    Sun, 6 Dec 2009 23:20:41 -0500
From:    Reid Katan <ka...@his.com>

My Toshiba is claimed to have a 60G SATA drive in it. Assuming so,
circa 2005 or so, can I put something like a 250G or more in there?
I'm guessing that the SATA spec allows for such things. Or would it be
more of a BIOS thing, and if so, how does one find what is supported?

TIA

Reid, I have successfully update my last 4 toshiba laptops with larger
hard disks.  I used acronis image backup to an external USB/E-Sata drive.
Installed the drive in the same slot as the smaller old one and and then booted the cd that acronis created. worked and I now had a much larger
C drive. Make sure that the bios is set to boot CD/DVD first..

The nice thing about Vista and W7 is the ability to shrink and grow the
volumes.

Rich