Quoting b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es>:

Window's windows have "Help" on the menu bar too. Turns out, you can't hide/minimize *all* your windows in OSX anyway. Just tried it with <Com-H> and no matter what window way last, it wouldn't go away. Maybe there are other ways to do it, but. . .

Why do you want to hide all windows? Does that include windows in a
program you're using?

*I* don't usually hie all my windows. db put fort the question "what's a noob supposed to do if there are no windows open on the desktop (or something to that effect)?" I'm just saying it's not easy to do in OSX. Almost *certainly* a noob isn't going to be able to do it.