At 11:13 AM 1/1/2010, Tony B wrote:
>In fact there's really no news here. As the articles state, we're down
>to 1 in 5 households that only have a landline, and that number is
>dropping all the time. When, not if.

Because of the word "only" in the above statement, it's not an interesting
statement.  What percentage of households have decided to rely entirely on
other forms of communication than landline?  Those who have both landline and
cell phone presumably find their landline valuable.

I for one don't want to depend on something that requires regular charging for
emergency services.  When a battery goes dead-dead, it takes a bit of time to
replace it.  And I may not remember to keep my phone charged.

Fred Holmes