On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM, tjpa <t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

> When we deny the inevitable and keep running with an unsupportable old
> technology it greatly increases the likelihood that when it finally goes it
> will go suddenly. Much better to face reality now and establish a long term
> plan. It took 10 years for TV to go digital and, while not perfect, it
> transitioned pretty well. Need to do the same for telephony.

  As posted on this a bit earlier, at&t is said to have expounded to
the FCC in depth about their desire to end their participation in
wired telephony, but offered not a word about what steps they would
take to ensure that their wired customers would still be able to have
phone service in the aftermath.

  Steve