I have a customer with an unusual problem...  Her Dell Latitude D610 (5 yrs
old) has both an Ethernet port and Wireless G.  Her wireless did not work until
she discovered by accident that it would start working when she disabled the
Broadcom drivers for the Ethernet port.    I have upgraded her drivers
(remotely... she is in Ohio) and the problem is still there.  She has a ton of
business related software and data, so the erase/reload is not desirable,
especially since I don't have the machine in my shop.

I suspect either a hardware problem (Windows cannot detect that the Ethernet
cable has been unplugged) or registry problem (Windows insists on using the
Ethernet port even when unplugged).  First, how does Windows decide which
network connection to favor, and second, are there switches somewhere in the
registry that may have been damaged?

  - Brian