Hi,

My son's almost 3 year old Latitude has developed a flicker which makes it
only marginally usable.

In case this was due to a software problem (although most likely not, as I
believe I can see this in the BIOS setup screen), I offered to reinstall the
OS.

When I booted the computer, I saw a message saying "Your battery is able to
charge normally, however it is reaching the end of its usable life."  Could
a dying battery possibly cause the screen to flicker?

--John Emmerling