On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM, phartz...@gmail.com <phartz...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Parents: school used webcam to spy on our kid at home
>
> By Jacqui Cheng | Last updated February 18, 2010 12:23 PM
>

> School-issued laptops are becoming more and more common these days,
> but thanks to the action of one high school, students and parents
> might have second thoughts about bringing them home. The parents of a
> Pennsylvania high school student, Blake J. Robbins, have filed a
> lawsuit against his school district after discovering that school
> officials had allegedly been remotely accessing the laptop in order to
> take webcam photos of the students at home. There are a number of
> unanswered questions about this story, but if true, it could mean
> serious penalties for the Lower Merion School District.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfb4ujl

As a graduate of nearby High School who used to play LM I laugh.

Boy the prosecution of this could lead to no end of hurt.  If the school
district caused the taking of naked pictures of underage children wouldn't
they be guilty of child pornography?  If these pictures were moved between
servers of the school it could be construed as the distribution of child
pornography.

I expect that lots of the kids or their parents will be covering their
cameras with a post it note.

John Duncan Yoyo