> Except much of that money shows up in zip codes or counties that don't
> exist.  No, not all of it...but a lot.

Mike, can you quantify this? How much is "much"? You're sorta making it sound
like most of the money shown on the site is bogus. I'm not clear on your
thinking here--are you saying that the map is
intentionally bogus, or that "much" of the money shown on the map isn't real,
or that the web site is poorly managed, or what?

It's worth noting, by the way, that recovery.gov's map is based on reports
submitted by the recipients of the loans, grants, and contracts, so it's
subject to errors in those reports (as well as to
data entry errors, of course). And, since there's no penalty for failing to
file the required report, there is in all likelihood a lot of money that isn't
on the map at all.