The OS is pretty nice, although my friend has lost his contacts several
times because of Palm outages...but other than that pretty robust.  I've
thought since they were released that the pixi and pre were both horridly
designed phones, sharp edges on the pre and the small screen on the pixi,
no microSD card slot to be found.  If you are going with Verizon, take a
look at the Eris(Hero) running android.