At 9:39 AM -0400 3/16/10, John Duncan Yoyo wrote:

The article states that the bean counters are waiting for government to pony
up for further FIOS deployments.  If you don't have it yet you may be out of
luck.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/So-Is-This-Where-Verizons-FiOS-Deployment-Ends-107342

But in a comment to the TechDirt report, <http://www.techdirt.com/article.php?sid=20100312/1855128547#c166>
a Verizon spokesman said:

by Bob Varettoni
I am a spokesperson for Verizon. Just a few points: Verizon said it would spend $23 billion for FiOS deployment through the end of this year -- and we're meeting that commitment. That's about $22 billion and change more than any other company in America will have actually spent by the end of this year in bringing ultra-fast fiber-based broadband directly to homes.

We have additional commitments to build out FiOS in certain jurisdictions beyond 2010 that we will also meet. Our focus now is on making our FiOS network available for sale -- and selling FiOS services! -- to all the homes we have passed (there's still additional work to be done after a home is passed -- to provide TV, for example, we need a local franchise).

--
Roger
Lovettsville, VA