Safari has always worked pretty well on my Touch, it's only
crashed once that I can remember.  On my laptop the flash
plugin will crash sometimes, but I almost never need it and
will continue to surf on with a lot fewer annoying ads.  Could
you give us some examples of some sites that crash Safari
for iPod for you?

I tried out an iPad in Best Buy yesterday, and I have to say
that I was impressed.  It is more evolved and polished than
many third- or fourth- generation products, even some of
Apple's.  The iPad is amazingly fast and responsive. Apps
explode into existence when you launch them.  In Safari,
web pages load as quickly as they do on my laptop at home,
where I have a fast connection.  The video feature of the New
York Times main page works without flash (yay!).  Touch and
gestures are fast and accurate.  I thought I had a good idea
of what to expect from my experience with the iPod Touch
that I've had since September, but I was wrong.