I sent this Saturday evening, and it's just now showed up.
Some other emails seem to have never made it to the list
at all.

It seems to be an inconsistent delay.  I'll usually see them all eventually,
but it's disconcerting to see replies quoted to a post that's a reply to
a post I made!

And then I don't see the original reply until a day later.

Luckily I've been watching Dr Who for years, so I can deal with this.

But this is definitely unusual, normally this list is pretty snappy and close
to real time for everyone.