On 11/21/2010 04:03 PM, One Man wrote:
> Why can't I be signed into YM and YMail at the same time on the same computer?
> I'm running them on Max OS 10.5.8 using Safari 5.0.2
> When I click on the "mail" button on YM, YMail opens, but YM closes.  I get
> the following error message:  "You have been disconnected from chat because
> you have signed into Yahoo! Messenger from another computer or device."
> With thanks in advance!

The simplest solution is to disable Ymessenger being invoked in the
browser.  Yahoo messenger is set up to sign off all but the most recent
version to start.  When you sign into yahoo, find the ymessenger in the
browser and turn it off, then your yahoo client will work while you are
signed in.  Incidentally yahoo messenger does have a lot of extra
overhead unless you use it for voice communications, you might want to
consider one of the freebie multiple IM products like pidgin for the Mac.

**   THIS LIST HAS MOVED TO YAHOO    **
**  PLEASE JOIN THE DISCUSSION THERE **
**   Info at http://www.cguys.org/   **